New Botafogo owner Textor to axe ‘several’ sponsorship deals

(Photo by Buda Mendes/Getty Images)

American technology entrepreneur John Textor, the incoming major shareholder at Rio de Janieiro-based football club Botafogo, is ready to terminate several of the club’s sponsorship agreements because they do not align with his vision for the club.

In January, Textor agreed to acquire 90 per cent of the club’s shares through his Eagle Holding company, with Botafogo retaining the remaining 10 per cent.

You need to have a subscription to access this content

If you would like more information on our Sponsorship product please contact our sales team

Already have an account? Sign in here